Steve Barker , Realtor
Well, I was born and raised in the England, UK , near Nottingham actually. (Robin Hood country actually, Sherwood forest and all that – although I don’t believe all that Hollywood claims he did!) I started my working career as a mining technician, worked in engineering before managing manufacturing plants in the UK and USA . I lived in Chicago from 1998 (but no one told me how cold it gets there in the winter before I left the UK – I wonder why?) and then moved and became involved in Naples Florida real estate sales in 2004.
Gaining my Florida real estate license as followed by becoming a “Graduate, Real Estate Institute” GRI, “Accredited Buyer Representative” ABR and most notably, one of the first agents in the Naples area ever become a “Certified International Property Specialist” CIPS designations. (Today they are over 4,500 agents and still less than 30 brokers or agents that have earned this prestigious CIPS designation)
I was a board member of the Naples CIPS council from 2007 to present. In 2010, I received the “Educator of the year” award from my fellow Naples real estate agents for promoting and teaching international real estate business to Realtors and in 2011 became the chair of the Naples area global business committee, who’s task is to educate local real estate agents wishing to work in the international real estate business arena.
I also have my Florida brokers license and was the administrative broker for Amerivest realty, managing 220 agents and their contracts before deciding my talents could be better utilized by buyers and sellers working directly with me, rather than through other agents.
I represent your interest, not other parties interest and not my own.
That’s a big difference, I predominantly now work as a “single agent” for clients just like you, people wishing to utilizes the higher skills and vast knowledge that only an experienced professional real estate broker can give, to represent and safeguard your interests in any transaction, not the other party.
“Seen it, done it – got the tee shirt” to fit your needs!
Managing 220 agents agents and all the diverse contractual and negotiating problem it presented really gave me experience that most agents don’t even come across in the course of their careers. “seen it, done it -got the tee short” is the expression that springs to mind. So be assured that you will be in experienced hands from a very smart and tech savvy broker who can manage your Naples property sale or purchase, whether you live local or on another Continent, many miles away. See what other clients had to say about my service by clicking here.
Personal stuff about me
* Grew up in a small mining town of Worksop, Nottingham, UK.
* Worked on underground repairing coal face cutting machines. (Actually loved the work, very physical and demanding)
* Managed 4 manufacturing plants in UK & USA for large Swedish multinational company, largest has 550 employees.
* Married for 28 yrs. (To the same lady!) Two teenage children
* Loved traveling to other Countries on business. (France, Germany, Italy, Australia, Sweden, Denmark, Brazil, Scotland. OK- they are part of the UK but they take some understanding- strange accent!
* Hate flying for pleasure trips. (Life to short for being stuck in an airplane for hours or staying in airport lounges)
* Love selling real estate in Naples, Bonita Springs and Marco Island.
* Hate cheese, cant stand the stuff!
* Rum is the best drink in the world. (Must have been a sailor in a prior life -drink the good stuff over ice, don’t spoil it with coke!)
* Cats rule! (Well our 19 yr old cat “Sophie” does, she came to the USA with us in 1998 too)
* Love seeing the faces of satisfied buyer’s and seller’s when the deal closes.
* Love Naples Florida. (Where do you go for a holiday when you live in Naples Florida? why ask the question anyway!)
* Love eating out. (Food in Naples is fantastic, so many places, so much choice and so little time)
* Love cycling – every week day about 12 miles and 30 miles Sat & Sun. (Allows me to eat out more)
* Love the sun – and Naples has plenty of it. (At the pool or by the beach – either is fine by me.)
* Love new technology. (Don’t care what it is, just I love the latest gadgets)
Enough about me, let’s find out how I can help you ?